Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hunting Agents with a Bow and Arrow... (I mean a keyboard and the internet)


My sweet Lord! I just discovered that I can still hunt and query for the right agent even I self publish my book in the internet. Isn’t that awesome? For me I guess.
The thing about self publishing is that you have to seduce (<a lack of other term) your potential readers first to be read. You’ll have to do many marketing stunts that would drain your time for actually writing to nada. And to be honest, I just want to write. And to be honest once more, my sales are dismally dismal in all epic proportions.
This gives me doubts to the readability of my book. But we should look at some elements here that lead us to my dismal downloads: one should know that there are free e-books on Amazon, and I just put my book in that kind of promotion. The question here is do those who download my book reads it right now? The answer is simply no, I have no credibility for them, and I’m an unknown, the hell the care for what I’ve written… and most of all, they downloaded the book for free.
One thing is I didn’t tell anyone, not even my friends that I already publish the damn thing.  Don’t get me wrong here, I think self publishing is empowering but I really want to write and nothing more. I just want to sit in front of a black page and just type away anything this mind of mine harbors, may it be horror, suspense, or nonsense, typing and typing it down is all I want to do. I hate marketing, tweeting my book with all the hash tags and the shoveling my book down to those potential readers. That seems invading for my taste.  
That’s why I’ll be hunting for agents and pray to anyone up above to grant me one. Then to have a publisher knocking on my door to tell me we will publish your book worldwide. That would be a gem, right? If that happens I’ll go to my bed and sleep with a wide smile. Yes, sleep, that’s how I celebrate things such as New Year, thanksgiving, Christmas and all those unnecessary holidays—and oh, valentines, especially valentines.
Anyway, I have to divert this post to a lighter side of my life. I’m at the third chapter of my third book. I’m planning to finish its first part before I ever edit the second one.    
Thank you once again for visiting me here. I have no idea how you ended up in my blog but it gives me pure joy. And I’m going to celebrate that by sleeping. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment