Sunday, August 17, 2014

Changing Covers

How many times have I changed the cover of my books? Too many is the answer to that, and, lo and behold, once again I’m doing it one more time.
I’m not satisfied on the covers, and whenever I’m like that, there’s this voice at the back of my mind that keeps telling me “change it, there’s something lacking, you can do better.” I’m doing this because I can. Professionally made covers are very expensive and sometimes (for me) unrewarding.
I can’t believe that there are some covers that not at par with some great indie covers. Sometimes in my genre I see a cover digitally made that still has the round edges of the brushed used on the cover-art, as in it was obviously there and hasn’t been smudged to at least make book look well prepared and not ill-prepared.  
I’m not that great in doing covers, I have many more lessons to have, but I’m trying to make it professionally done.

Right, so anyway, I’m now in the process of changing the Trinity Nexus series (for the preparation of its third installment), the Trinity Legends, and the Gamer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment